Re: Oracle RAC storage

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

or more specifically... would the "additional disk space for ASM metadata" be on 3 separate disks or be part of the database storage disks?

On Friday, March 14, 2014 1:44:25 PM, Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca> wrote:

Happy PI Day, everyone!
I'm going thru Grid/RAC setup for the first time. Finding the manual confusing when it explains how to set up storage.

This is 11gR2 on linux. The install guide indicates I will need:

assuming for normal redundancy

minimum 3 disks of 1.5GB each for Clusterware minimum 2 disks 9GB each for database storage and additional disk space for ASM metadata -- at least 3 disks of 2GB each.

Putting it all together -- Does this mean I need 8 disks minimum? or would some of these normally be combined?

Thank you in advance!