RE: Performance problem: Loading data via insert

From: Abhishek Gurung <abhishek.gurung_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:53:52 +0530

Hi Hemant,
Thanks for replying.We are not using any hints as we have decided against them after checking their pros and cons.There are no triggers on any of these tables.No this behavior is reported recently after the upgrade of Database. Strange thing is that all other instances arerunning fine except this. RegardsAbhishek
Subject: RE: Performance problem: Loading data via insert Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:10:02 +0800
From: Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com
To: abhishek.gurung_at_hotmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Do have LOGGING / NOLOGGING differently configured in the two reference environments ? What about APPEND Hint and/or PARALLEL configurations ? Are there ON INSERT triggers on the table ? What does AWR show about load on the database and wait times ? Has this been the behaviour since day 1 or is it of recent origin ? Can you associate it with any recent changes to the database ? Hemant K Chitale From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Abhishek Gurung Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:52 PM
To: Oracle Freelist
Subject: Performance problem: Loading data via insert Hi

We are facing a performance problem but unable to identify where is the problem.

We have a production database server where about 8 database instances of oracle is running. Daily we insert in each of these database instances about 1-5 GB of data in different tables. All database instances are working fine where we are able to load around 2-3 GB of data within 1hour except 1 where it is taking about 8 hrs to load only 4 GB of data.

When I try to load the same 4GB of data in another database where only one instance is running and with very less configuration as compared to the Production server we were able to load it in 1hr 45 minutes.

Can anyone suggest how can we proceed to identify the problem?

Regards
Abhishek This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.