Semi-OT: Solaris file dates don't match system date after DST change

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:36:18 -0500

We have a Solaris 10 server and I just noticed that the dates on newly created files aren't matching the SYSTEM date of the server. The filesystem in question is mounted on a Netapp device and the netapp device was taken down for maintenance (controller upgrade) this past weekend.

Has anyone seen this behavior before - I've sent an email to the SA but thought I'd ping the list to get some input. (Perhaps I'm just sleepy and am overlooking something obvious):

*Date:*

$ date

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:05:17 AM PDT

$ touch test.txt

$ ls –lart test.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 230016 *Mar 12 00:07* test.txt

Am I missing something, or could this be a problem?

Chris