RE: Queueing Theory in Oracle

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:36:54 +0000

I was thinking more of the way the data might introduce variability in the time required to execute queries - for example in an order placing system a "product pick" query that supplies 20 full names and product IDs for the user to choose from will take longer than a query that supplies only one option. Was there enough variation in the required service time to allow a non-normal distribution ?

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle

From: Ls Cheng [exriscer_at_gmail.com<mailto:exriscer_at_gmail.com>] Sent: 11 March 2014 20:01
To: Karl Arao

I ran last week a couple of TPC load with 300 and 420 users then I used both transaction per second and logical reads per second metric and both showed normal data distribution and that is why I have doubts of how to use queueing theory in Oracle.

From your paper was you able to predict the change from v1 to x2 without run the actual test? Then run the test and validate the prediction?