ORA-32422 DBMS_REDEFINITION

From: Lou Avrami <avramil_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 13:52:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

We're receiving an ORA-32422 error when trying to run RDBMS_REDEFINITION against a partitioned table. Anyone experienced this problem before?

We are trying to run RDBMS_REDEFINITION against a table with monthly partitions, with approximately 400 million rows. We're trying to convert a DATE column from local time to UTC. We're on a Solaris server, running RDBMS 11.2.0.3.

When we run the command listed below, we receive the following errors:

ORA-32422: commit SCN-based materialized view log cannot be created on table "FM1"."FM_NX_ALERTS" when there exist direct load/PMOP log entries for the table

ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REDEFINITION", line 56
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REDEFINITION", line 1490
ORA-06512: at line 2

Oracle Support has directed us to apply patches 13040943 and 13642044, then patch 18333841. No changes, the ORA-32422 keeps occurring.

Oracle Support has now directed us to delete specific records from two internal tables, sys.sumpartlog$ and sys.snap_loadertime$. The suggested DELETE comamnds are specific to our table name and owner. Currently there are 172 of these records in sumpartlog$ and 1 record in snap_loadertime$. Anyone ever do this before? Any issues that we should be aware of? We were planning on making backup copies of the tables, in case any problems occurred, we could reinsert the records, if required.

Any suggestions or insights would be welcomed. Thanks,
Lou Avrami

Statement:

BEGIN
DBMS_REDEFINITION.START_REDEF_TABLE('FM1', 'FM_NX_ALERTS', 'INT_FM_NX_ALERTS',

        'GOLDENGATE_DATASOURCE_ID GOLDENGATE_DATASOURCE_ID,

"FM1".CONVERT_LOCAL_TO_UTC("FIRST_ONE", "GOLDENGATE_DATASOURCE_ID") "FIRST_ONE",
ALERT_NO ALERT_NO,
"FM1".CONVERT_LOCAL_TO_UTC("LAST_ONE", "GOLDENGATE_DATASOURCE_ID") "LAST_ONE",
"FM1".CONVERT_LOCAL_TO_UTC("UPDATE_DATE", 13) "UPDATE_DATE",
"FM1".CONVERT_LOCAL_TO_UTC("CLEARED_AT", "GOLDENGATE_DATASOURCE_ID") "CLEARED_AT",
SITEID SITEID, MO MO, MANAGER MANAGER,
"COUNT" "COUNT",
SEVERITY SEVERITY, CLEARED_BY CLEARED_BY, DESCRIPTION DESCRIPTION, ALERT_NAME ALERT_NAME, ACK_OPER ACK_OPER,
"FM1".CONVERT_LOCAL_TO_UTC("ACK_DATE", "GOLDENGATE_DATASOURCE_ID") "ACK_DATE",
CLEARREASON CLEARREASON, MANAGER_CLASS MANAGER_CLASS, FORWARDING_SYS FORWARDING_SYS, PORTID PORTID, TICKET_ID TICKET_ID, MO_CLASS MO_CLASS, VIEWTYPE VIEWTYPE, OLA OLA, PARENT_IND PARENT_IND, CHILD_IND CHILD_IND, NESTATE NESTATE, REGIONCODE REGIONCODE, MARKETCODE MARKETCODE, LOCATIONCODE LOCATIONCODE, CLEARING_REASON_ID CLEARING_REASON_ID, SITE_PRIORITY SITE_PRIORITY', dbms_redefinition.cons_use_PK);

END;
/