Re: ADMINISTRIVIA: Final transition of Oracle-L mailing list

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 09:50:54 +1000

+1

I've got no time (and no will) to check the miriad of forums. The email format concentrates everything in one place (email reader) without requiring me to browse every thread in every forum. Much more efficient in my eyes ;)

"much more functionality" is a common marketing blurb to push products - but what functionality do you really need, besides reading what is discussed? It seems to me that the extra functionality is more often than not directed at slipping ads in... oh, and forums are nothing else than glorified bulletin boards - they are anything but modern.

my 1ct.

Cheers,
Tony