RE: [EXT] impdp (no TTS) and deferred segment creation

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:22:46 +0100

Tao and Raj,

thank you for this hint! Now it worked the way I expected impdp to work in the first place.
Although, "TRANSFORM=STORAGE:n:table" would be the better option in my case as I don't want the tablespace clauses omitted.

However, I still find the behaviour contradictory and inconsistent: - Running impdp without a TRANSFORM command and deferred_segment_creation=TRUE does *not* defer segment creation. - Running impdp without a TRANSFORM command and spooling into a SQLFILE yields no segment creation clause in the CREATE TABLE statements.

So, at least one of the two modes does not work as expected. Or am I missing something here?

Kind regards,
Uwe