Re: Database Change Control Process

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:58:22 +0000

PS - an alternative to Liquibase for those with a well-founded horror of manually defined XML - try Sqitch (http://sqitch.org).

No opinions

Sqitch is not integrated with any framework, ORM, or platform. Rather, it is a standalone change management system with no opinions about your database engine, application framework, or development environment. Native scripting

Changes are implemented as scripts native to your selected database engine. Writing a PostgreSQL <http://postgresql.org/>application? Write SQL scripts for psql <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html>. Writing a MySQL <http://mysql.com/>-backed app? Write SQL scripts for mysql<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql.html> .

It's implemented in Perl and uses instant client - so no massive dependencies.

Regards Nigel