Re: RAC + cluster waits

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:41:33 +1000

Hi John,

I'm not very experienced with clusters, but I believe that most clusters nowadays run on ASM. If yours does, could the wait be ASM related? As you mention that the cluster is mature, and has been running (and presumably growing) for several years, perhaps the ASM instance now has reached the point where the SGA is beginning to fill up? In other words, perhaps the cause for the waits is not in the DB, but rather in the underlying cluster filesystem?

Just my 2c..

Cheers,
Tony