RE: Purge RECYCLEBIN by *age*

From: Amrit Pal. Singh [IT Shared Services – Hub] <singha_at_mtn.co.ug>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:54:00 +0300

Useful indeed!

However how do we tackle a ASM diskgroup negative issue.

We had few objects under NORMAL redundancy and diskgroup was showing negative (redundancy-risk)… We had to purge all objects manually to make space on diskgroup.

Any ideas?

Thanks
amrit

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chitale, Hemant K Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:29 PM To: Jo Holvoet
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Purge RECYCLEBIN by *age*

Aah ! Thanks. That’s useful.

Hemant K Chitale

From: Jo Holvoet [mailto:jo.holvoet_at_thomascookonline.com] Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:27 PM To: Chitale, Hemant K; oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: Purge RECYCLEBIN by *age*

Hi Hemant,

We use something like :

select owner, original_name, 'purge table "' || owner || '"."' || object_name || '"' stmt from dba_recyclebin
where can_purge = 'YES'
and type = 'TABLE'
and to_date(droptime, 'YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS') < sysdate - 40 order by 1, 2;

to identify recyclebin objects dropped over 40 days ago.

Mvg/regards
Jo

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>] On Behalf Of Chitale, Hemant K Sent: dinsdag 18 februari 2014 10:18
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Purge RECYCLEBIN by *age*

Is it possible to Purge the RECYCLEBIN by age ? --- e.g. remove those objects that were DROPped 7 days ago. That way, a periodic cleanup of the RECYCLEBIN can be done and yet objects may be available for recovery for 7 days.

Hemant K Chitale

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see http://www.mtn.co.ug/email/Email-disclaimer.aspx