Re: Duplicating from copy of a standby with standby controlfile

From: Stojan Veselinovski <stojan.veselinovski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:29:19 +1100

Hi Don,

You can always go back to a basic restore instead of rman duplicate.  Restore the controlfile, catalog the remounted disk of the copy, switch and recover.

You may then need update the dbid, name and other config if need be. It will still let you use the backup as copy method and save some time.

Can be scripted.

Regards,

--
Stojan