High Parse with no execution of SQL statements

From: Raju Angani <angani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:48:06 -0800

Hi,

I'm noticing a strange issue on my rhel5 linux oracle 11.2.0.3 server. I see heavy(few cases 400k) parsing of a sql statement but with zero execution.
Is this possible?

Can someone send me some pointers?

Shared Cursors Statistics

Total Parses 409,770
Executions: 0
Hard Parses 3
Child Cursors 3
Loaded Plans 3
Invalidations 0
Largest Cursor Size (KB) 29.07

SQL ID: dm18sav0z3u5y Plan Hash: 0

SELECT NAME,PARENTID,DESCRIPTION,ENTITY_NAME,LOCKED_DATA,   STATUS_STATE,CANCELLED,CANCELLABLE,ERROR_DATA,RESULT_DATA,REASON_DATA,   ,START_TIME,EVENTCHAIN_ID
FROM
 XP_ASK1 call count cpu elapsed disk query current  rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 319 0.01 0.49 0 0 0

    0
Execute 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

    0
Fetch 0 0.00 0.00 0 0 0

    0
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

total 319 0.01 0.49 0 0 0

    0

Misses in library cache during parse: 1
Optimizer mode: ALL_ROWS
Parsing user id: 70

Elapsed times include waiting on following events:

  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total
Waited
  • Waited ----------
    SQL*Net message to client 319 0.00 0.00 SQL*Net message from client 319 0.06 1.09

Thank you
RA