RE: Compliance Library

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 09:49:36 -0800 (PST)

There isn't a compliance standard rule out of the box for this.

What you need to do is build a configuration extension first, deploy it to the targets and then create a custom rule using the newly collected data.

There's a PDF file about to be loaded to OTN on how to do this, courtesy of the relevant product manager. I'll send it to you offline.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: HYPERLINK "tel:+61262924095"+61262924095 | | Fax: HYPERLINK "fax:+61262925183"+61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

From: Nagaraj S [mailto:nagaraj.chk_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:36 PM To: Bobby Curtis
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Compliance Library

Thank You Bobby! The presentation really helped.

BTW- I need to create new compliance standard where it need to check the file permission and ownership of $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora on all database servers, So with this requirement please advise if I need to query the repository database or write any script to check permission on all servers?. If at all we need to query from repository db please share the query to be used.

-Naga

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Bobby Curtis <HYPERLINK "mailto:curtisbl_at_gmail.com"curtisbl_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Naga,

I did a presentation on this topic back at Collaborate 2013. I have attached my slides (PDF format). These should help you understand how to implement the compliance framework within OEM12c. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Bobby