Re: Oracle 8i crashed: system ts needs more recovery - how do I recover from this?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 06:40:37 -0700

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM, De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au> wrote:
> online redo logs were too new, and are now stale anyway (due to
> controlfile recreate)

Have you tried applying the redo logs?
Oracle cannot, due to the controlfile issues

SQL> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel

Then specify the redo logs, rather than archive logs

You may get lucky and not need the redo log with the corrupt header.

A colleague and I have restored 3 production databases this year using that method,
and I've used it a few times in the pas as well.

Two of those emergency restores subsequently became clients. :)

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com