Re: DCD (dead connection detection) on Linux

From: Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:35:41 +1100

Hi Amir,

are you using clusterware to start the database listeners automatically or starting them manually whilst logged into the RDBMS unix account with the AutoConfig generated env file sourced?

Reason I ask is that if you use CRS to start the listener you need to have IFILE links back into the AutoConfig generated network config files as follows:

In your RDBMS $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora add the following entry (do this on all db nodes):

IFILE=$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/$CONTEXT_NAME/sqlnet.ora

Without adding in the IFILE links to the AutoConfig generated network files CRS will not pick up the AutoConfig settings.

By the way - you will probably need to bounce the db listeners to have this take affect as well along with bouncing the R12 mid-tier as well if this is the solution.

Regards,

Mark