ORA-04030: out of process memory errors

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:08:18 -0600

Solaris 5.10, 128G RAM, 8G swap
Oracle EE 11.2.0.2
We've been getting the ORA-04030 errors several times a week since they did an OS patch in August. The SE team says there isn't anything wrong with the server or configuration on their side, although they do see some swap messages in their logs. Other than the OOM errors, we don't see any issues in the database.

What should we be looking at/for to determine the cause? The databases and server they are running on have been in place for at least of couple of years. Does anyone know of memory issues with this version of Solaris?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas.
--

Sandy
Transzap, Inc.

--