RE: tracking down hidden SQL???

From: David Kurtz <info_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:56:50 +0100

Can you find this SQL_ID in your ASH data (assuming the diagnostics pack is licensed)?
If you know the SQL_PLAN_HASH_VALUE you could try to find other SQL_IDs with the same plan in DBA_HIST_SQL_PLAN.
Is this a piece of recursive SQL? Is SQL_ID the same as TOP_LEVEL_SQL_ID in the ASH data?

If the app does set a specific module/action for this SQL (again look in the ASH data) then you can enable trace just for that module/action.

regards

David Kurtz
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660