Re: Did the MOS update prevent opening articles in a new tab?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:21:23 -0500 (CDT)

Mark replies:

> Works fine for me. Right-click, I see "Open Link in New Tab", "Open Link
> in New Window", etc,etc.
>
> I hit "Open Link in New Tab", and it does exactly what I want/expect it to
> do.
>
> Google Chrome on Mac OS/X.

Nuts. Chrome somehow manages to translate the MOS link to the correct URL, which is actually along the lines of (semi-stripped):

a href="#" onclick="return false;" class="x239 xfe" id="pt1:r1:0:mr1:iR1:2:gl14"Recommendations For Using CIO/DIO For Filesystems Containing Oracle Files On AIX/a

I've been away from HTML coding too long to recognize the linking technique.  Anyone know if there's a way for Firefox to also unravel the MOS link (e.g. via add-on or user-agent setting)? I can't get Chrome customized to my tastes...

[sigh]

Thanks Mark!
Rich