OT: Internships

From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 20:25:02 +0200

Hi all,
I've been giving recently a (generic) DBMS course to 4 year students at a French school of engineering (basically how DBMS work, privileges, storage issues, backup and recovery - and a lot on performance issues) and I have had enquiries about the possibility of at least a 4-month internship in a database related area and in an English-speaking country, starting next April. If anybody is aware of such a position that wouldn't require a mountain of red tape for visas and where students would make enough to pay for shelter, food and local transportation, thank you for contacting me off list.

 Some of the students are rather good; I have asked them (during labs) to install various products (SQL, NoSQL, NewSQL), play a little with them and present them to the others, if possible with a critical eye, and I have had some very good presentations, done in very little time, with products that weren't always easy to install. I'll merge the presentations (I gave the same products to study to different teams in different groups), and I'll try to post them in French with ENglish subtitles on Youtube.

--
Stéphane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>

<http://www.amazon.com/SQL-Success-Database-Programming-Proficiency/dp/1909765007/>,