Re: Anyone running 11.2.0.4?

From: Viljo Hakala <hakala.viljo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:49:58 +0300

I had couple of small issues of addnode.sh when expanding RAC cluster running 11.2.0.4, but I found a workaround. Generally addnode.sh is not well tested after releases. One of the fixes was to copy olsnodes* binaries to $ORACLE_HOME/oui/bin and symlink old lsnodes binary to olsnodes as the script addnode.sh depends on this command. This seems to be an old 32 bit/64 bit library issue since 9i/10g for lsnodes binary which is still shipped in 11gr2 but it doesnt work. addnode.sh had a dependency on it.

It seems clusters are rarely expanded after initial setup. But its sometimes needed for cleaning up/reinstalling/separating a node and readding it back.