Re: RAC vote 11gR2 Question

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:48:32 +0200

Hi again Sanjay,
On 27/09/2013 15:58, Sanjay Mishra wrote:
> Thanks Dimitre for the details. So does it means that having 4 Disks
> of 512M in each failure group or One disk of 2G is same in this scenario.
> e.g
> Failure group 1==> 1disk of 2G or 1G vs 4 disk of 512M
> Failure group 2==> 1disk of 2G or 1G vs 4 disk of 512M
> Failure group 3==> 1disk of 2G or 1G vs 4 disk of 512M
> Trying to understand if multiple disk in Filure group for OCRVote can
> provide any additional benefits beside space.

Well it depends if each disk is a physical disk(less likely) or LUN striped over multiple disks in RAID configuration (external storage, most likely the case).
If the former is true - it makes sense to stripe the ASM extends over multiple physical drives for performance. If these are actually logical units that are already striped over multiple physical drives, me personaly, I don't see how it could be beneficial ...

Regards
Dimitre