Re: Use Netapp snapmirror to create DR for Oracle RAC with ASM

From: Limin Guo <lguo.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:54:48 -0400

One of our client is trying to move away from Oracle Data Guard due to the Oracle licensing costs, and, instead, they want to use NetApp snapmirror for the DR. If the primary database is single instance without ASM, the snapmirror solution is not too hard to implement. Thanks for the information, Kyle, Austin and John.

Limin.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM, kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> What advantage to you want to get by using Netapp instead of Data Guard?
> Data Guard the defacto standard for fail over. Using Netapp snapmirror is
> more appropriate for features such as thin cloning databases. Check out
> http://www.kylehailey.com/delphix/delphix-oracle-12c/
>
> Synchronizing database on a source Netapp array with a remote Netapp array
> is suprisingly complicated. Here most relevant Netapp paper I've found
> http://www.netapp.com/us/system/pdf-reader.aspx?m=tr-3761.pdf&cc=us
>
> Of course all of this is simple with Delphix. If you have questions about
> Delphix join Jonathan Lewis and I next Tues for a Q&A session
> http://www.kylehailey.com/sample-page/current/
>

> - Kyle
> http://kylehailey.com

Regards,