Re: Test NAS response

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:33:06 -0700

I see different layers to test
  • Database
  • I/O
  • Network

Now the I/O and Database will depend on the network so I check the network with something like netperf or netio.
Database depends on I/O so for I/O I use fio. For the database I use SLOB

check each layer. No reason to expect great results from I/O if the network connection isn't great for example.

I've written a considerable amount of scripting around fio to test systems for NFS performance for Oracle but unfortunately the scripts are less than generic and would take some cleaning up for general use. My scripts are on github for example fio.sh at https://github.com/khailey/fio_scripts/blob/master/fio.sh

Netperf shell script drivers at https://github.com/khailey/netperf

  • Kyle