Re: Using V$_SEQUENCES

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 08:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

I see no privileged data in that view; granting select on that view to the application user should not, in my opinion, pose a problem.
What sequence problem was introduced by moving to RAC, if I may ask?  There may be another solution rather than granting select on a data dictionary view.  David Fitzjarrell

 From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com> To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 8:09 AM
Subject: Using V$_SEQUENCES

Hi Folks,
We have a need to use V$_SEQUENCES.NEXTVALUE column in our custom programs to try and solve an issue that was introduced when we implemented RAC and is impacting our custom programs. Since this view is only available to the SYS schema, I am not sure what the implications are (performance, etc.)  in exposing it to our custom schema. Are there any suggestions on whether it should be exposed to a non-SYS account? Thanks,
Amir

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 06 2013 - 17:22:13 CEST

Original text of this message