Re: Data Migration options - oracle to oracle

From: Karth Panchan <keyantech_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 06:53:23 -0400

Folks

Sorry for blank mail earlier. Hit send by accident.

Need your suggestion to migrate data from oracle to oracle db instance for OLTP application.

  1. This migration need 50% table data transformation from source db to target db
  2. Need to do migration with index/constraints/triggers enabled on Target OLTP instance during other users using this instance at production mode.

Recommended GoldenGate and Streams at my place. There is a lack of knowledge and no one want take risk.

Written db package solution uses dblink for data migration using metadata.

I have been told running SQL Plus using dblink is much faster then DB package. Waiting for benchmark.

Anyone migrated data to live OLTP instance with index/triggers/constraints enabled in Oracle tools

Appreciate your help

Thanks
Karth