Re: 10g RAC Services issue

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:38:28 +0200

Hi Bala,

does "alter system register;" manually solve the issue (instead of redefining REMOTE_LISTENER)?

When you have the described situation: Does "lsnrctl status" on all nodes show the same services, or have you differences?

How do you define your *_LISTENER parameters - via TNS names in tnsnames.ora/directory service, or via tns string in the parameter directly?

Thus, are the parameters same or different on the nodes?

Regards
Martin

Bala Krishna schrieb:
> Hi All,
> We've all together a peculiar issue that our configured services in a 12
> node RAC will not behave as expected in one of the node.
>
> This issue appears only when we bounce the DB for backup etc.
>
> Users get ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service
> requested in connect descriptor errors when they try to connect.
>
> My observation:- Upon my investigation i could see that services are
> already up and running during the start of the DB. looks like they're not
> shuttding down but not sure if this affects much but this behaviour is
> there for only service and rest of the servies are up and running with out
> any issues.
>
> Configuration looks pretty much fine.
>
> and the solution that we've follwed is to bounce the remote_listener
> parameters by nullfying that and resetting back to its old value.
>
> Regards
> Bala

Usn's IT Blog for Oracle and Linux
http://www.usn-it.de