Re: Primary cannot log into standby ora-16191

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 06:00:15 -0800 (PST)

if you have not changed your sys password you can move your orapw file from the 10 home to the 11 homes. i've seen in some cases that is the case. if you dont have an orapw$SID files you will need that on both primary and standby

  • Original Message ---- From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Thu, February 14, 2013 4:34:51 AM Subject: Primary cannot log into standby ora-16191

Plat REDHAT LInux DB 11.2
My Primary - just upgraded for 10 to 11 cannot connect to the standby on another box.

There's something you have to do with the Orapwd file. It is documented but sometimes not correctly.

My Primary - just upgraded for 10 to 11 cannot connect to the standby on another box.

Is it that the $ORACLE_HOME string should be used or not used? when doing an ORAPWD? Anyone remember off-hand.?

I can usually remember this but I have brain ache this morning - not sure why!

--

Howard A. Latham

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Feb 14 2013 - 15:00:15 CET

Original text of this message