open and closed cursors

From: Orlando L <oralrnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:16:37 -0600

All,
I am trying to find the definition of open vs closed (session_cached) cursors. I understand that if the cursor was open it would be in the library cache. If it was closed, like when we close using the 'close <cursor_name>', I thought the cursor would be flushed out of memory, but apparently that is not the case. Even after the cursor is closed it can be accessed from memory, the session_cached_cursor gives information about closed cursors. what is the difference between an open and closed cursor.

Orlando.