Re: upgrade to 11r2

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:23:26 -0700

On 07/02/2013 10:09 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote:
> So if I wanted to upgrade, I should do an in-place upgrade?
>
> ciao,
> Brian

Either/Or

Just don't run two independent instances against the same database at the same time.

Personally, I prefer an out-of-place upgrade whenever possible. That allows me to create a dummy database and verify a few things without impacting production at all. Then simply stop the old prod instance, start up prod using the new instance (go through the appropriate "mount upgrade" if required) and usually you're golden.

It's all in the docs.
/Hans