Re: Named User License Question

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:40:25 +0000

Correct - the Software Investment Guide does state this, but the clearest description I've found is on the Database Licensing Guidelines on the shop.oracle.com site (* *I think that
https://shop.oracle.com/pls/ostore/f?p=dstore:1001:1718600395065601::::P1001_HELP_ID,P1001_HELP_CATEGORY_ID:3434703196481608942624,3434642144441608865424#3434703196481608942624will get you there)

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Peter Gram Miracle A/S <pgr_at_miracleas.dk>wrote:

> Hans
> That is no correct. The minimum nummer thing is only used when dealing with
> enterprise licenses and not with standard edition.
> Thorny minimum there exist with standard edition is you can not
> bye less than 5 nup per company
>
> /Gram
>
> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013, Hans Forbrich wrote:
>
> > On 05/02/2013 3:14 PM, Peter Gram Miracle A/S wrote:
> > > Hi Jeff
> > > If you have 10 NUP licenses : The 10 names users (Peter xxxx, Poul
> yyyyy,
> > > Jeff zzzz , ... ) are allowed to access any number of standard edition
> > > databases. You could create 10000000 SE databases on one machine or 1
> > > database on 1000000 machines but it is only the 10 named users that
> > > is allowed to use the databases. Beware it is not allowed to create
> > > application users via web services on the internet since this has to be
> > > licensed on with processor licenses.
> > >
> > > /Gram
> >
> > One minor qualification to this: you need to purchase AT LEAST the
> > minimum number of Named Users, and that count is based on the number of
> > CPUs. So if you wanted to put it on 1000000 machines, you need to
> > purchase 1000000 * min licenses.
> > --

> Best Regards / Venlig Hilsen
>
> Peter Gram
>
> Miracle Consulting <http://www.miracleas.dk>
> Borupvang 2c, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
> Cell: (+45) 53747107 Home: (+45) 38745696
> Office Phone: (+45) 44668855 Office Fax: (+45) 44668856
> Mail: peter.gram_at_miracleas.dk
> OakTable member <http://www.oaktable.net> <http://www.oaktable.com/>

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA