RE: Flashback database

From: Patterson, Joel <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:16:42 -0500

One of the reasons flashback is not implemented here is our storage device is slow (#1) -- deduplicates, compresses etc. The deduped databases we find mission critical have a destination on the other side of the country, and the bandwidth is not available to send any more data (#2).

Oracle likes the flashback logs to be available during restore, (there is a way around it), so I'd want them around.

Generally I'd say that the flashback logs will be the same size as the archive logs, so that much more disk space.

Good luck,

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546