RE: logical standby database

From: Joseph David Paparo <jpaparo_at_uark.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:00:55 +0000

It was something very minor that I'm almost too embarrassed to say. However, I was updating a few rows on the primary using sqlplus and querying the standby as soon as I updated it but what I failed to do was execute a commit for each update. Once I did that, it transferred over to the standby. From: David Fitzjarrell [mailto:oratune_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:53 PM
To: Joseph David Paparo; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: logical standby database

Please tell us what the issue was. It could help others with the same/similar problem.

David Fitzjarrell

From: Joseph David Paparo <jpaparo_at_uark.edu<mailto:jpaparo_at_uark.edu>> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 1:48 PM
Subject: RE: logical standby database

Thank you all for the tips. I was able to figure it out. From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com<mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>] Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 2:45 PM
To: Joseph David Paparo
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: logical standby database

Well, you could start by posting the oracle version and OS you are working with. Then, you should look for any errors in the primary database alert log and the logical standby database alert log. After you do that basic trouble shooting, along with checking the applicable information on MOS, maybe we can help you if you still have a problem. On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Joseph David Paparo <jpaparo_at_uark.edu<mailto:jpaparo_at_uark.edu><mailto:jpaparo_at_uark.edu<mailto:jpaparo_at_uark.edu>>> wrote: Hello,
I recently created my first logical standby database. I have noticed that when I update a data from a table in the primary database, the data doesn't transfer over to the equivalent table on the logical standby database. Can anyone give me any tips as to how I can get the logical standby to refresh its data from the primary? Thanks.

Joe

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 28 2013 - 23:00:55 CET

Original text of this message