Re: CURSOR_SHARING survey

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 15:05:27 +0530

Hi Chris,

     cursor_sharing in 11gr2 is not recommended/supported any more. cursor sharing is a bad workaround that allows developers to write SQL's without bind variables. performance is then dba's responsibility.

from a change management perspective, I would like to keep all the environments same. have faced some bugs, cursor_sharing=force gave wrong results (in 10gr2). sure you would see them in metalink now also.

best regards

sriram kumar