Re: OEM 12c - pushing agents on hosts where no sudo privileges

From: Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:10:38 -0400

Well, I am not allowed to log in as user oracle, have to sudo to it. On Deploy and Configure Agents under Agent Credentials I specify Override Oracle Home Preferred Credentials, entering my username and password, then tick the SUDO checkbox under Run Privilege and specify Run As oracle. That erases the username and password I just entered (gotta lova HTML stateless pages, the EM Java console was better IMHO). re-entered the information. Next

In the Root Credentials section, it states: "Enter the root user account credentials to run the root.sh. This is optional if you have chosen to upgrade only Windows Agents. If you do not have the privileges to run these commands or scripts, then select a third-party authentication tool and enter the required details to switch over to another user account that has the privileges."

There are asterisks next to the fields to enter the root username and password. It allows us to try doing SUDO, I can't do that but enter my username and password anyway. Submit.

From one of the target hosts, I get
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line -1

From the others, I get
SUDO not present on agent https://<FQDN>:3872/emd/main/

And the subjobs are marked with UpdateStatusFailedDeploy. The checkIfDeploySuccess step returns

Could not execute query: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20001: Found exception Error Message : Deploy was not performed successfully for this agent. ORA-06512: at line 14