Re: Strange error when resizing MEMORY_TARGET

From: Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:51:31 +1100

Hi Tony,
how many CPU's does the database see? If this is Solaris on the T-Series servers its possible that there is a minimum sizing on some of the SGA components based on the number of CPU's that the database can see. There is a discussion in MOS note # 1097866.1 around this. My previous experience with this issue was just with the SGA_TARGET setting - i'm not sure if this also applies when using MEMORY_TARGET.

Regards,

Mark