Re: Hyperthreading - Oracle license

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:41:31 -0800

There is a better way to use OPQ with 11g: You can enable Auto DOP - by setting parallel_degree_policy to "auto", and then use Resource Manager to limit the degree of parallelism based on the type of workload. Starting with 11.2, you can also use Parallel Statement Queuing to avoid DOP downgrades when there are not enough parallel servers to process a parallel statement. Parallel Statement Queuing queues the parallel statement until enough parallel servers free up. Using Resource Manager, you can limit the number of parallel servers a particular workload uses, and control the order of the parallel statement queues...KJ
*Kevin Jernigan* 	(650) 607-0392 (o)
*Senior Director Product Management* 	(415) 710-8828 (m)
kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com <mailto:kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
*Advanced Compression - ACO*: 	*Information Lifecycle Management* - ILM
   Advanced Row Compression 	*Temporal database* (Total Recall etc)
   Advanced LOB Compression 	*SecureFiles*
   Advanced LOB Deduplication 	*Database File System* - DBFS
   RMAN Backup Compression 	*Direct NFS Client* - dNFS
   Data Pump Export Compression 	*CloneDB*
   Data Guard Redo Network Transport Compression 	*Database Resource
Manager* - DBRM
   Flashback Data Archive History Table Optimization 	*Continuous Query
Notification* - CQN
*Hybrid Columnar Compression* - HCC 	*Index Organized Tables* - IOT
*Database Smart Flash Cache* 	*OISP*