Re: Need OS User from Web Service call

From: mohammed bhatti <mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:34:06 -0500

Hi,
Just to back up Job Miller's post, I was able to setup proxy authentication using Java/Tomcat/11gR2 with client auth. This allows the session using the proxy to be audited as well which is requirement in some environments.

It essentially works as a poor man's SSO without the need of an LDAP where Tomcat does the authentication and the database does the authorization.

--
mohammed