Re: Intermittent ORA 600 [kdsgrp1]

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 08:24:48 +0000

There are a number of bugs for this error, and a MOS note that can help narrow down to your target version. The base problem is that Oracle can't find a row continuation piece ( your trace file likely contains block dumps of the blocks that are supposed to contain the continuation) . In our case the continuation was the overflow segment of a IOT, but it looks like this might happen for chained or migrated rows as well in ordinary tables. You'll definitely need to work with support here, but feel free to get in touch offline as well and I can share some of what we found with our kdsgrp1 issue. It's relatively likely if this is a physical issue on disk that analyze and dbv won't pickup the corruption because all the blocks are correctly formatted. If the issue does turn out to be missing row pieces on disk (and there are a few alternatives) then you are likely looking at some form of object repair/recovery.