SQL Developer 3.2 and AUTOTRACE

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 14:02:07 -0600

Hello all, I hope you're having a wonderful new year.

I'm using SQL Developer 3.2.20.09, database connected to is 11.2.0.2.0 all running on windows 7. I'd like to use the AUTOTRACE option to see stats on my query. It seems to work well except that I get ALL the stats from v$mystat. Of which most are zero. And they aren't in a useful order. I think they are in statistic# order but whatever order they are in it's very difficult to find a given stat. For example I was looking for "Buffer is pinned count" and it's 164 out of the 607 stats shown.

Is anyone aware of how this might be controlled? Older versions of SQL Developer appear to only show the stats with a non-zero value. There isn't a preference that controls this and I can't see anywhere in the config files how to change this. It could be in a config file, but they are rather cryptic to me at least.

Thanks.

Ric Van Dyke

Education Director

Hotsos Enterprises LTD.