Re: Oracle Grid Control 12c

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:30:39 -0800 (PST)

Yours is a small, solid environment to be monitored by EM12c.  I see no reason not to upgrade and would simply recommend going EM12c, release 2...  Take the latest on everything, most people who run into issues is due to the fact that it is so feature heavy that Oracle is still working to enhance a few features here and there... :) Thanks,

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant
Enkitec
DBAKevlar.com
RMOUG Director of Training Days 2013

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

 From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill_at_intactus.com> To: ORACLE-L L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, January 7, 2013 11:49 AM
Subject: Oracle Grid Control 12c

Environment:

Appserver1-6
Oracle Weblogic Server 10.3.0.5

Db server 1:
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0.x
Primary DB

Db server 2:
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0.x
Logical Standby

Server 3:
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0.x
Oracle 11g grid control

Any reasons I should NOT upgrade the oracle grid control server from 11g to 12c?

Thanks in advance,
Bill--