Re: Need Oracle RAC and CRS tutorials source

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:52:05 -0600

The best way I have found to understand RAC basics is to build a RAC on vmware or virtual box. And use iscsi to set up your shared disks, having to configure the drives from a storage server is much more realistic than just sharing the virtual disk files. You learn a lot by doing it yourself. For that matter, these days you can find some pretty cheap desktop class machines, install OEL, and build your own physical cluster. The biggest expense I had when building a physical cluster was the additional network cards and switches I purchased because I wanted to get it as close to a real implementation as I could while keeping the price less than $1000.
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Apps DBA <dbaorapps_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
> I am looking for Oracle RAC, CRS video tutorials and book
> references to understand in and out of CRS, OCFS, and RAC functioning &
> performance ( RAC related wait events). Please share and help me.
> Thanks,
> -RK

Andrew W. Kerber