Re: Large discrepancy between 'log file parallel write' and 'db file parallel write' times

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 12:43:54 +0800

Also note that the "log file parallel write" is not really random IO, compared to a "db file parallel write" which may write hundred(s) of buffers into random locations in a single vector IO call. That makes a difference even on non-exadata without IORM too (especially if there's no write-cache for DBWR writes or the storage array cache destaging can't keep up with the write workload).
--
Tanel Poder
New Online Training!