Re: CamelCase For Procedures Names

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 16:03:00 +0100

On 22/05/12 15:51, Yong Huang wrote:
> ... GetAreaSize() may take even less time for the brain to process
> than get_area_size() every time your eyes are on it.

I have no idea if it takes lees time to process it or not, but to my ageing eyes, GetAreaSize() is easier to read and understand than get_area_size(). Unless I'm fooling myself of course, but I find it seems quicker to read the first example than the second.

Maybe it's because the first example reads as a single word, albeit one which is three combined words, while the latter looks almost like three words, but I prefer my words to have spaces between them? I don't know. Maybe a brain scan would help?

The one coding "standard" that always blew me away was Windows 3.1 and Hungarian Notation! But let's not go there!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar