Re: [QUARANTINE] Re: CamelCase For Procedures Names

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:43:11 -0400

Not easy :)

Another initiative we implemented was PLDOC http://pldoc.sourceforge.net/maven-site/. A much harder thing to do with larger teams running a lot of historical code, but completely useful (especially in regards to avoiding reinventing the wheel constantly). We'd made the switch to PL/SQL Developer which has a pluggin for it. Since code is always documented :), why not externalize it? I spoke with Steven about this a few years ago at NYOUG and we discussed the difficulties of getting PLSQL developers to embrace this type of documentation. Oracle's SQL Developer uses PLSQLDoc (PLDOC is sort of dead) so maybe it is getting some legs. And criticism aside, .NET and Java developers are very attune to documenting their code this way, so maybe this will be an asset in your shop.

Other than my own side projects, I don't do much development anymore since I made the switch to being a Pythian DBA so I'm out of touch with what the PLSQL dev community is doing these days. (Other than troubleshooting the community's code that is ;) )

Andy