Re: OT: sheltered little world i live in -> NODB?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 21:32:43 +1000

Dba DBA wrote,on my timestamp of 19/05/2012 12:46 AM:

> I have noticed over the years that this attitude is almost entirely with
> Java developers. I have not had issues .Net, Python, C, Ruby or anything

Absolutely true.

> The java guys don't want to write sql.

Java guys do not want to write ANY code. All they do is download frameworks and cut and paste code from the net and claim it's Oracle's fault when it all inevitably falls apart. They are by far the most irresponsible "professionals" I've ever seen in 30+ years of IT!

> On my last project, the java architect told me that views are evil and that
> oracle can't handle recursive programming. I tried to explain that connect

Oh, I know of a project here where the java "architect" (apologies to real architects!) claimed they would design and code the entire application and only at the end work out the database storage. The project was canned recently, after it proved to be yet another enormous disaster. This same idiot has been DIRECTLY responsible for the biggest disasters in Oracle-related development in the last 10 years. Yet who is it that Oracle recommends when a new project starts? You got it...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto