Re: OT: sheltered little world i live in -> NODB?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:41:09 -0700

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>wrote:
> I understand many still like to see business logic placed outside of the
> database and that ORM's are very popular but I didn't expect to see
> experienced software developers to have opinions like this:
> http://blog.8thlight.com/uncle-bob/2012/05/15/NODB.html

So, Uncle Bob railed against a technology that he never bothered to learn about?
'nuff said.

> From what I can tell, this guy has written a several very popular books
> and articles on software development.

*ahem* I think there a plenty of examples of popular books/articles/presentation written by people that shouldn't.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com