(update): speeding up expdp

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 14:23:51 -0800

Thank you all for your suggestions, especially the ones with information on how to find out where the bottleneck might be!

The sysadmin is looking at options for the NFS mount. Other than that, it looks like the the 2 large tables with LOB columns are my problem. I did try using exp instead of expdp and was able to reduce the export time by a third.

There is some good news, though. The system I've been working on is a development system with 4 databases running on it. The production systems that I'll be doing the final export from are faster machines with more cpus and more memory and only one database on each system. I'm hoping to get access to the production systems soon in order to test the export of the 30G table and see how it compares to the dev system.

  • Maureen