Re: speeding up expdp

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 09:52:55 -0800

The database is Enterprise Edition.

I've tried the export with parallel=2, parallel=4 and parallel=6 and all take about the
same amount of time. I also set the database parameters parallel_min_servers and
parallel_max_servers to 6 and 12, respectively. I see the processes start up in the
database at the beginning of the export, but I didn't check to see how many were
still running when the export was done with everything but these last 2 tables. I've
just been watching the dump files...only 2 are being written to at the end.

I do believe that both of these tables have a lob column. Does that mean I just have
to live with the 7.5 hours? At least the import to the new machine only takes about
1.5 hours.

I'm also excluding indexes/constraints for the export and import.

I'm pretty sure I read through the checklist document, but not the other 2. I'll
check them out.

Thanks!

  • Maureen