speeding up expdp

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 17:58:18 -0800

Hi,

We have an Oracle 10g database on RHEL5. I would love to find a way to speed up the export
of the database. It currently takes about 7.5 hours. The main problem is with 2 tables, one of
which is 30GB, the other is 70GB.

I've looked through the documentation for expdp, as well as gone through all of the Metalink notes
I could find that were related to expdp running slowly. I've tweaked things here and there, but I
can't get the export to run any faster. I know the system is a little slow, and I'm writing to an
NFS mounted drive, but I was really hoping that this could be done faster. I haven't tried using
exp instead, but I'm considering that for another test.

Any suggestions?