Re: log buffer size and log file syncs

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:54:26 +0300

Hi Jon,
Increasing LGWR priority would only help if it was currently starving for CPU / or waiting too long in the CPU runqueue... Unfortunately on Linux there's no easy way to measure this directly. If your load is low (let's say only 10 on a 32 CPU machine) then I'd expect that LGWR priority change isn't going to help much.

However, I don't like to fix a problem first and then see whether the problem existed in first place (trial and error), that's why I asked for extra information / hard evidence in form of LGWR's snapper output ...

Tanel.